Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and people everywhere are getting ready to eat until their hearts content. But with all of these people getting ready to celebrate this holiday, one has to wonder just how many turkeys are eaten on average an Thanksgiving.
Here are the top 10 Thanksgiving statistics that will shock you:
1) Money: $50.11 is the average amount a family will spend on their Thanksgiving dinner.
2) Travel: 46.9 million people traveled more than 50 miles to get to they're Thanksgiving dinner destination.
3) Turkey: 46 million turkeys were eaten in 2012 in the U.S.
4) Pie: 57% of families have pumpkin pie for dessert.
5) Cooking Time: The average person spends 7 hours preparing Thanksgiving dinner.
6) Leftovers: The 5 most popular ways to use leftover turkey are: sandwich, stew, chili, casseroles, and burgers.
7) Party Size: 28% of people have more than 12 people sitting around the table for Thanksgiving dinner.
8) Eating Time: The average time taken to eat Thanksgiving dinner is 16 minutes.
9) Average Eating Amount: The average person consumes 16 pounds of turkey at Thanksgiving dinner.
10) The First Thanksgiving Attendance: There were 50 Pilgrims and 90 Wampanoag at the first Thanksgiving meal.
All stats found at https://blog.nationwide.com/thanksgiving-fun-facts-infographic/